Oh man. Wednesday mornings are always so rough. It takes so much effort just to look decent. I've been going to the Fox and Hound every week pretty religiously since the end of November. I regret nothing.
Going to the Fox and Hound every Tuesday night has really been the best thing that's ever happened to me. Lol I say "happened to me" like I didn't have any say in going there. That is a lie because it really wasn't such a passive occurrence. All my friends that I go with are years older than me and I am clearly the baby, but I can't help but feel like it gives me a different perspective on things. They talk about such different things than all of the people my age talk about. Sometimes they have really intellectual discussions, which really sound like heated arguments and differences in opinion, but sometimes they talk about sex, life, movies, and music. It's also really nice that they are all arts and humanities majors and know which professors are good and which I should never take. I'm learning the real lessons of life at the bar.
Since I always buy used books sometimes I find things like these post cards from the American and Natural History Museum in my copy of Dante's Inferno. Needless to say I will be using them as bookmarks as I start reading the pile of books that I am assigned to read for class. Good lord I can already foresee myself being lulled to sleep by all these books.
I was surprised with this beautiful red velvet cupcake during class yesterday. Surprises like these make me smile.
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment