Monday, February 6, 2012

Whips and Chains Excite Me

 Well not whips. But, oh my, chains? Yes, please. I am really into chain harnesses and chain necklaces, collars, and even earcuffs. There is just something so badass about it. Maybe because it reminds me of breaking free because chain is not only a noun but also a verb. Being chained by chains. I think of breaking free from the chains via wilson phillips and wearing the remains as proof of my badassery and strength.  
I found a tutorial for this diy fringe/waterfall necklace here at a bit of sunshine . This way you can be chic and crafty. I always really enjoy the sense of accomplishment I get whenever I create something with my own hands. A waterfall of chains. So great. 
 This is the EPIPHANY thigh chain for sale on Etsy. It's a little more risque and I like it. It's like the garter but new and fresh.   
 This is another super cute diy chain necklace

 Both diy body chain harnesses above are from monoxious . The tutorials can be found here and here
I just found this chain collar while looking through Tumblr so I really don't know where the actual source is. But a collar made out of chains is probably one of the things I'm coveting most. Ever since Miu Miu did those collars a while back I have been in love with any and all collars. I am currently looking up some diy projects on how to make my own. I'll keep you posted. 
I found the Tribal Fever Chain Ear Cuff  on Etsy and I am thinking about making it another diy project for myself. Seems simple enough, right? I mean, if you can make a body chain harness then this should be no problem. Theoretically anyway.  
This Zana Bayne Leather Oxford Harness isn't really made out of chains but I think it still has kind of the same aesthetic. I wonder if people would think I was a weird goth girl if I wore this everywhere with everything. But I don't have a hundred dollars to spend so I guess the world may never  know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment